Having your content produced at one facility, shipped to another facility, and then shipped to your customer takes additional time and leads to increased costs. This cumbersome process decreases already thin margins, but there is a more cost-friendly alternative.
At Core Publishing Solutions, we make your fulfillment process more cost-effective and efficient by allowing you to take advantage of our supply chain solutions and centralized location. Our full-service approach to book printing and distribution reduces the time you need to spend and the hassle you need to experience in the delivery process.
Some of the main benefits of using our order fulfillment and distribution services include:
- Individual or bulk orders of any type for your books fulfilled directly from our 500,000 square-foot warehouse
- Discounted shipping rates that can save your company thousands of dollars in total shipping costs
- Efficient order processing, where book orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours.
- High-quality custom kitting to meet your requirements
- Returns processed daily
- API connection can be set up directly with your website for easy transfer process or a CSV file can be uploaded daily into our system
- Distribution program available with listings on Baker & Taylor, Amazon, Barnes & Noble
- Dedicated distribution customer service representative to handle your fulfillment program
We also offer warehousing and inventory management solutions. This allows us to be a full-service partner for our clients at all stages of the book fulfillment process, from printing, to storing and ordering, to shipping finished products.
Outbound Fulfillment Services
Our outbound book fulfillment services group is responsible for:
- Package quality, package quantity verification and proper packaging.
- Generating customer address labels.
- Assigning a carrier, creating shipping documents and loading carrier vehicles.
- Posting shipment system tracking updates.
The most recurrent types of shipments we handle are:
- Parcel shipment.
- Less-than-truckload (LTL) freight orders.
- Truckload (TL) freight orders.
- International (including ocean freight).
Subscription Services packs and ships product to subscription customers. Shipments include hardbound and softbound books, pamphlets, loose-leaf materials, book club orders, newsletters, and CDs. Products are shipped in cartons, polybags, envelopes, shrink-wrap, kraft paper, self-mailers, and a variety of other types of packages.
Our team will analyze your subscription to determine the most cost-effective method of sending your content to your customers. For example, we will let you know if there are opportunities for consolidated packaging which minimizes cost for customers getting multiple copies or titles. We also make sure that products are put into the mail stream at the most cost-effective point, decreasing mailing costs whenever possible.
Core Publishing Solutions utilizes both CASS and NCOA systems to validate zip codes and check the National Change of Address database. This facilitates the accurate shipping of products to their locations, and minimizes missed shipments due to address changes.
Our returns (reverse logistics) function is responsible for receiving customer returns, applying credit to automated returns, restocking product to inventory, or recycling as appropriate. The team also works with Accounts Receivable to ensure correct processing of more complex returns.
Third-Party Logistics Distribution offers unique third-party logistics (3PL) services to our customers. Our processes can accommodate nearly any business with only minor modifications. Special shipping requirements can be accommodated and tracked through our traffic management system, SendSuite. Our distribution team has a talented pool of analysts who can provide process and business analytics, as well as routine performance and status reports.
For more information about our delivery and supply chain solutions, please contact us.